once you start to notice these little turns of phrase you literally can’t unsee them
'protests turn violent'
'clashes with police'
'violence breaks out'
'rocked by blasts', when referring to gaza bombing
all the nice vague statements that carefully avoid mentioning an actor, because it sounds worse if you do. this violence just spontaneously started happening, it’s crazy!!!!
i’m really tired of it
We all know the police wanted the riot, they instigated it since the beginning, They love making black people look violent, so they can treat them like “animals” and justify murdering their children without having to pay any price at all whatsoever.
laughing at how CNN went into one of the looted businesses in Ferguson and spoke to the owner. the reporter started asking all these leading questions that were clearly setting up answers that expressed anger that their businesses were broken into.
The owner was like “actually I just want justice for Mike Brown im not worried about material things”
it’s defensive posture is lackluster and reflexes are slow.
i don’t even think it realizes that the human has defeated its back feetsy.
eyes too sleepy.
tummy too wiggly.
i don’t want any of this.
queer teenage girls have to look out for each other because who the fuck else is going to???????
The “queer teenage girls” bit is unnecessary. “People” would have sufficed.
prime example of people not giving a shit about queer teenage girls lmao
- me: republicans and democrats are both useless
- dad: yeah, right on
- me: both parties are ineffective, minor factional splits within the same general ideology, and their representatives are completely out of touch with the average person's reality
- dad: yeah, I guess
- me: the only thing that can save us now is absolute revolution
- dad: wait what
- me: we start by dismantling white supremacy and patriarchal hierarchies, adopting the practice of decolonization, while simultaneously retiring capitalism and private property, and redistributing all wealth and resources
- dad: no stop-
- me: ☭
- white people on tumblr: *reblogs creepshots of asian girls, creates memes about strict asian parents, ignores dark skin asian girls, labels asian girls as exotic and submissive*
- asian girls: we aren't exotic mail-order brides who always get an A on a math test. stop perpetuating stereotypes that homogenize the ethnic/cultural diversity in our communities
- white girls:
- white people on tumblr: *reblogs a million sassy black woman gifs, makes posts about black girls being too loud, makes poor black women into memes and makes fake twitter accounts for them*
- black girls: we can't breath without being turned into a joke, why can't we be respected? stop perpetuating the stereotype that we're one dimensional characters instead of complex human beings, we don't exist to be your entertainment
- white girls:
- white people on tumblr: *glues craft store feather on a headband, reblogs sexy cherokee princess costumes, jokes about scalping people *
- indigenous girls: can you stop perpetuating the idea that we're hypersexualized savages? we've been fighting our whole lives to practice our culture and you think it's ok to make a costume out of it? indigenous girls have extremely high rates of being victims of sexual assault, that's not something to joke about
- white girls:
- girls of color on tumblr: *makes one joke about white girls and starbucks*
- white girls: why are you being so misogynistic? all of you hate women, if i replaced white with black or asian i would be called a racist